Resonate Global Mission is looking for someone who has a passion for Christian Education and sharing those skills with teachers in West Africa. You will work with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) to strengthen Christian school's ability to provide quality education services.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The current pay for this step is $19.82 US or $23.23 CND on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The current pay for this step is $35,546 US or $38,004 Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
- Work with the leadership and programs of ACSI Nigeria to strengthen its ability to offer quality Christian education services and do the following
- Dialogue with Christian schools throughout Nigeria.
- Mentor and encourage key leaders in the Christian school movement in Nigeria.
- Assess teaching materials and methods used in Nigerian schools and integrate the best of these into the development of Christian school curriculum.
- Participate in the training of teachers to integrate a Biblical worldview into their teaching.
- Participate in the training of Christian school administrators to competently administer their schools.
- Encourage and coordinate the involvement of other organizations in Christian school development in Nigeria, especially other CRCNA-related agencies including the Educational Care program.
- Participate in African and worldwide discussions of Christian education.
- Identify and develop strategic ministry opportunities for short-term missionaries that utilize the skills and strengths of the CRCNA in the development of Christian education.
- Work with country team leaders in the orientation, mentoring and supervision of such volunteers while they are in West Africa.
- Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support - at least 90% of the average cost of a missionary) for CRWM ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
- Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
- Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
- Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
- Communicate the nature and value of CRWM’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement
- Passion for Christian education and for working with children
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions
- Demonstrated intercultural competence including good observation and listening skills
- Proven administrative and organizational skills (including basic accounting)
- Aptitude for training others
- Previous ministry experience in Africa (or Global Missions), preferred
- Experience in the development of Christian school curriculum, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s degree in Education, or related field, preferred
- Experience in Christian education (preferably in both classroom teaching and administration)
- Experience with integrating faith into subject content areas
- Has training in and an appreciation for cross-cultural ministry