Offer your skills in graphic design or social media marketing to Tesoros de Dios, a ministry partner that serves children with disabilities in Nicaragua. You'll learn about the ministry and share what God is doing with North American and Nicaraguan partners.
esoros de Dios is seeking a volunteer to assist our center in the area of marketing/graphic design. Due to the number of sponsors, supporters, and prayer warriors that walk alongside us, our social media presence and marketing is essential to maintain a connection with our North American and Nicaraguan partners. Responsibilities: -
- Maintain our social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) by finding/creating social media content, including photos or videos of programming and sharing inspiring works of articles that are relevant, as well as planning and running certain social media campaigns throughout the year.
- Explore how to actively present Tesoros de Dios across additional social media platforms, such as pinterest, LinkedIn, snapchat, etc.
- Maintain the Tesoros de Dios website. -Create and/or update any promotional material that is needed.
- Promote existing fundraising opportunities while continually brainstorming new ideas.
- Maintain aesthetics of Tesoros de Dios’ souvenir “shop”. Ensure new items are ordered to meet demand.
- Make/design “thank you” materials (cards/videos)
- Collaborate actively with other areas of the program (volunteer coordinator, sponsorship coordinator, financial) to understand goals and create content that will assist in meeting these goals.
- We ask that all volunteers at Tesoros de Dios have a willingness to collaborate in other areas of programming.
-Experience in marketing, social media, and photography.
-Experience in photo and video editing, and graphic design for brochures and promotional material.
-Experience using Word, Publisher and Adobe Indesign.
-Christian testimony with active local church experience.
-Sense of calling to serve in a developing nation.
-Creativity, attention to detail, good interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
-Willingness to make at least a 12 month commitment
-Beginner Spanish required. Spanish tutoring can be arranged and is highly encouraged to better interact with staff and kids.
Cost will vary depending upon departure city, housing choice and amount of Spanish classes needed.
Host home: $400-$600 per month (including food)
Apartment: $250-$500 per month
Ground Travel $100 per month
Ministry expenses $60 per month
Language classes $144 per month