Do you have a passion for teaching? Especially social studies? Does the thought of teaching overseas excite and energize you? If so, Okinawa Christian School International in Japan, is seeking a high school social studies teacher to join it's staff. Perhaps this might be you?
The High School Social Studies Teacher is responsible for teaching social studies for high school and for developing curriculum
- Born-again Christian who models Biblical thinking and living, regularly participates in local church that is doctrinally compatible with OCSI’s statement of faith, builds Christ-centered community, and empowers others.
- Commitment to OCSI’s statement of faith, mission, vision, philosophy, and standards of conduct.
- Share the same beliefs as OCSI that certain behaviors are inappropriate and prohibited by Scripture; commitment to abide by OCSI’s staff behavioral expectations.
- Clearly articulated impact of Christian faith on work
- Emotional maturity and good judgment
- Skills, training, and/or experience appropriate to the position
Since 1957, OCSI has provided Christian education to equip students to walk with God and impact the world for Him. We’re excited about our K-12 program—we address the whole person, communicate in English, use an American-style approach, and encourage Biblical thinking and living.