Serve this summer as a short term missionary teacher and play a valuable role in sharing the gospel to Nicaraguan children and helping them improve their English skills. Camp teachers willenjoy the challenges of living in a developing country and return to their homes with a new perspective.
Summer camp teachers, in coordination with local staff, would assist in planning and implementing a variety of activities in the areas of arts and crafts, cooking, academic enrichment, language learning, and group games/recreational.
What you will need:
- A strong desire to serve God and His kingdom by ministering to children in Nicaragua
- The ability to raise your own support to cover your expenses to and from and while staying in Nicaragua
- A valid passport
- Hepatitis A, Tetanus, and Typhoid vaccinations are recommended
- Any materials and supplies you think you will need to work and teach at summer camp
- The ability to be flexible
Cost will vary depending upon departure city.
- Food: $50-100 per week.
- Accommodations: $300-$700 per month
- Ministry expenses: $500 total
You will receive:
- Furnished teacher housing (a ten-minute walk from the Academy) including flushing toilets, electricity, bedding, cleaning service, a pool, and 24-hour security
- Internet access
- Occasional opportunities to work at food distribution centers or orphanages and sightseeing in Nicaragua
- An unforgettable experience serving God and others in Central America