Resonate's long-time partners at the Theological College of Northern Nigeria is looking for someone to teach from a Reformed perspective. In this role, you will help passionate church leaders become effective pastors for the growing churches as well as Bible teachers in seminaries, Bible schools, and public schools.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The current pay for this step is $19.82 US or $23.23 CND on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The current pay for this step is $35,546 US or $38,004 Canada on the CRCNA International scale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following:
- Teach credit hours annually as assigned by the Academic Dean at TCCN.
- Supervise candidates writing Bachelor of Divinity, Master of Theology, or PhD. theses.
- Serve as a guest lecturer to other Nigerian seminaries and/or institutions.
- Work with TCNN to facilitate opportunities for North American guest lecturers.
- Engage in academic forums that will enhance the development of Reformed and/or African theology.
- Serve as a committee member on the Theological Education in Africa (TEA) Conference committee.
- Assist in the writing and development of African textbooks.
- Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support - at least 90% of the average cost of a missionary) for CRWM ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
- Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
- Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
- Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
- Communicate the nature and value of CRWM’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement
- Clear theological comprehension and articulation and conviction of the Reformed faith and its applicability to the ministry context.
- Passion and demonstrated aptitude for training ministry leaders
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions
- Demonstrated intercultural competence including good observation and listening skills
- Strong sense of call, relational ability, ministry gifts appropriate to assigned ministry
- Proven administrative and organizational skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Divinity (M.Div) is required, and a doctoral degree is preferred.
- At least 5 years of Pastoral and/or teaching experience including cross-cultural experience.
The salary range for this position is $49,940 - $58,753 US and $49,558 - 58,303 Canada