Because prayer makes a difference, we urge you to pray for your missionaries and the work of missions worldwide. Not sure what to pray? Here are some suggestions to help you begin.
Sign up for the weekly Prayer email
Pray for your missionaries using ePray, a weekly email that features requests from missionaries who are serving with CRWM around the world. Sign up here.
Thank God for His role in Missions:
- Thank God for His eternal plan of salvation through Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.
- Thank God for His promise to gather His family from the nations.
- Thank God for His command and commission to the church.
Pray for the world and its peoples:
- Ask God to move mightily among the nations.
- Pray that governments and rulers act favorably toward those who desire to share the Gospel.
- Pray for those who suffer from poverty, injustice, oppression and disease.
- Pray for political and economic stability.
- Ask God to open doors for sharing the Gospel.
- Pray for the unreached and under-reached peoples.
- Pray that God's light would shine into the hearts of unbelievers.
Pray for the worldwide church and its mission:
- Pray for more workers and the resources to sustain them.
- Pray that more national churches will feel called to missions.
- Pray that new Christians will be discipled.
- Pray that the CRCNA will be obedient in its God-given mission.
- Pray that the CRCNA will be faithful and generous in its financial support of missions.
Pray for missionaries everywhere to:
- Proclaim the Gospel clearly and without bias.
- See and seize God-given opportunities to share the Gospel.
- Experience God's grace increasing in their lives and work.
- Hear God speaking to them and willingly and eagerly follow the Holy Spirit's leading.
- Be protected from Satan and those who might wish to harm them.
- See and seek God-glorifying results.
- Experience good emotional, spiritual, physical health.
- Have healthy relationships with their families, missionaries, and national colleagues.
- Be appropriately sensitive toward and in adapting to other cultures.
- Have clear vision and great joy in mission tasks while keeping their eyes focused on God.
- Show the fruits of the Spirit.
- Experience protection from loneliness, discouragement, and depression.
- Have excellent relationships with North American supporters.
- Reflect integrity and holiness.